Weebly has been around for a while now.
There are a ton of website builders out there that you can build a business on.
Weebly is one that is very friendly to the newbie for building a drag and drop website. No code, no html, all you have to do is drop a module on the spot you want it and you good to go.
Here are a few of the success stories of using the site.
Weebly Review- The Good and The Not So Good
- Drag and drop website builder- Like I mentioned before it’s a very easy builder for anyone to get their site live. Pretty basic functions without all the tech knowledge.
- Mobile Ready- You don’t have to do a thing. All you do is pick a theme and it’s gonna be responsive on any device. Mobile is becoming a very important ranking factor and sales factor. So whatever builder you pick make sure that it’s a responsive design.
- Themes are Ready to go- You don’t have to go out and try to design your own template. Weebly has a little over 40 designed themes for you to plug in. One more thing I like is when you change to another theme your info comes straight across.
- Super Basic- The themes are pretty basic. So if you’re looking for a ton effects or advanced designs, it may not be for you.
- Limited Customs- Again it’s limited in the all the custom type work. So in order to modify the the templates a bit you’ll probably have to change some code. It is possible, just not for the code free person.
- Blog needs some work- If you’re a blogger and want to drive some traffic thru your blog, Weebly is seriously lacking. They give you the basics but little to no customized options.
Weebly App Center
Weebly has an app center that provides third party type apps that and also aide you on your site.
Right along with they’re simplicity they all are added very easily and without much worry about the dreaded site crash.
Some of these apps, in fact most apps cost some cash to get plugged in. Most of them allow you to test drive them for a month or so for free.
Weebly SEO To Get Your Site Ranked
Search engine optimization is always on my mind when starting a site. It really should be on yours as well. Because you could have the best store with the best products and the best articles. But if you’re not optimized for search you just plain won’t be seen.
There are so many sites started every single day. You have to break thru the noise and been heard. You have to get to that first page to be seen.
It doesn’t have to be as hard as they make it out to be. Weebly has made it real easy.
One note: on the Free plan you site will not be indexed. Meaning that you won’t be seen by any search engines. So, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan in order to been seen by google and bing.
Weebly Final Thoughts
Well wrapping this up. I really feel that Weebly can be a great avenue for you to start you online life with. It’s builder is super easy to work with and won’t overwhelm you with tools and advanced interface.
My advice to you would be to get started with the free and just get in a mess around with it. See what you can do and what you can’t. If you can live without some that advanced crap then go for it and upgrade.
If not take a look at some of the other reviews that we have on some of the other builders.